This policy sets out:
- what is considered personal information;
- what personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect, hold, use or disclose personal information;
- the purposes for which we collect personal information;
- what happens if we are not able to collect personal information;
- how to seek access to and correct your personal information;
- whether we disclose personal information outside Australia; and
- how to contact us.
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (subject to exemptions that apply to us under that Act). However, due to the nature of some of our business activities, from time to time, we will handle personal information relying on the media exemption in the Act where appropriate. Where we do so, we will ensure that we comply with the Australian Press Council Privacy Standards. We may also rely on related bodies corporate, employee records and other exemptions in the Act. If you require more information on the collection and use of personal information in the course of journalism, please visit the Australian Press Council Privacy Standards at www.presscouncil.org.au/privacy-principles .
We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including taking account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recent updated policy. Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new to 112 PTY LTD or are a long time user, please take the time to get to know our practices.
What is Personal Information
When used in this policy, the term "personal information" has the meaning given to it in the Act. In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, postcode and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and possibly financial information, such as intended borrow amount when making a finance enquiry. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect and Hold
We may collect the following types of personal information;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our website or online presence through??our representatives??or??otherwise;
- information??you??provide??to??us??through??our??service??centre,??customer??surveys??or??visits??by our??representatives??from??time??to??time.
We may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else, the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by and means whatsoever
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. We do this in ways including:
- through??your??access??and??use??of??our??website,??apps??or??sending??SMS??or??making??calls??via our??click??to??call??features;
- through??someone??else??who??has??provided??us??with??your??information??(e.g.??a??gift subscription,??or??Live??Chat??lead??creation);
Why Do We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Personal Information
The??primary??purpose??for??which??we??collect??information??about??you??is??to??enable??us??to??perform??our business??activities??and??functions??and??to??provide??best??possible??quality??of??customer??experience.??We collect,??hold,??use??and??disclose??your??personal??information??for??the??following??purposes:
- to??provide??you??with??news,??information??or??advice??about??our??existing??and??new??products and??services;
- to??communicate??with??you,??including??but??not??limited??to,??by??email,??mail,??SMS??or telephone;
- to??conduct??competitions??or??promotions??on??behalf??The??Drive??Network??and??selected??third parties;
- to??conduct??business??processing??functions??for??operation??of??our??websites??or??our business;
- for??our??administrative,??marketing??(including??direct??marketing),??promotional,??planning, product/service??development,??quality??control??and??research??purposes,??or??those??of??our contractors??or??external??service??providers;
- to??provide??your??updated??personal??information??to??us,??our??contractors??or??external??service providers;
- to??investigate??any??complaints??about??or??made??by??you,??or??if??we??have??reason??to??suspect that??you??are??in??breach??of??any??of??our??terms??and??conditions??or??that??you??are??or??have??been otherwise??engaged??in??any??unlawful??activity;??and/or
What Happens if We can't Collect Your Personal Information
- we??may??not??be??able??to??provide??you??with??the??products??or??services??you??requested,??either to??the??same??standard,??or??at??all??(for??example,??if??you??do??not??register??as??a??member??of??a website,??you??will??not??be??able??to??access??features??or??services??that??are??reserved??for members??only);
- we??may??not??be??able??to??provide??you??with??information??about??products??and??services??that you??may??want,??including??information??about??discounts??sales??or??special??promotions;??or
- we??may??be??unable??to??tailor??the??content??of??our??websites??to??your??preferences??and??your experience??of??our??websites??may??not??be??as??enjoyable??or??useful.
How Do We Disclose Your Personal Information
- our employees, related bodies corporate, partnerships, joint venture entities, contractors or external service providers for the operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise provide products and services to you, including without limitation, web hosting providers,??IT??systems??administrators, mailing??houses,??newsagents,??couriers,??payment??processors,??photographic??analysers, data??entry??service??providers,??electronic??network??administrators,??debt??collectors,??and professional??advisers??such??as??accountants,??solicitors,??business??advisors??and consultants;
- our??sponsors,??or??promoters??of??any??competition??that??we??conduct??or??promote??via??our services;
- the??police,??any??relevant??authority??or??enforcement??body,??or??your??Internet??Service Provider??or??network??administrator,??for??example,??if??we??have??reason??to??suspect??that??you have??committed??a??breach??of??any??of??our??terms??and??conditions,??or??have??otherwise??been engaged??in??any??unlawful??activity,??and??we??reasonably??believe??that??disclosure??is necessary;
Direct Marketing Materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2004 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
In addition, at any time, you may optout of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (details below) or by using the optout facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link), or by updating your personal details on our "Dnet Members" webpage. We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purpose of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us using the details provided below.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try and provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We will not charge for simply making a request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Members of our websites will generally be able to access and update their membership details online. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
How You can Complain about a Breach of Privacy
We have a formal procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breaches. Once the Privacy Officer receives a complaint, whether it is in writing or verbal means, the Privacy Officer will commence an investigation with the relevant business unit from which the alleged breach stemmed. The investigator will endeavour to determine the nature of the breach and how it occurred. We may contact you during the process to seek further clarification if necessary. If a breach is found, the Privacy Officer will escalate the matter to management so that the process can be rectified to prevent any further breaches from taking place. We will also contact you to inform you of the outcome of the investigation. We will endeavour to resolve all investigations within a reasonable time.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representatives will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
3 Bowen Crescent
Melbourne VIC 3004
Tel:??1300 438 639
Disclosure of Personal Information Outside Australia
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate, partnerships, joint venture entities and external service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- our??related??bodies??corporate??partnerships??and??joint??venture??entities,??located??in??New Zealand??and??South??East??Asia;
- other??third??parties??operating??in??jurisdictions??including??China,??India,??Indonesia,??New Zealand,??Hong??Kong??and??the??United??States??where??you??have??authorised??us??to??do??so.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Tracking and Targeting
112 PTY LTD (ABN 19 605 457 047) and its related bodies corporate, partnerships and joint venture entities (we, us or our) collects data about your browsing activity on our network. We may also use nonpersonal information that we collect about you on our network to identify you on third party websites where we have an arrangement in place to serve ads on those third party websites. We may also collect anonymous internet usage data from third parties.
One of the reasons we collect usage data is to display targeted advertisements or content on our network and also on third party websites. For that purpose, usage data is collected and assigned to one or more predefined categories (for example “holiday seekers”). If this infers a particular interest, a cookie is placed in your web browser which may determine the type of targeted advertising or content that you receive. We target advertisements and content in order to improve your user experience so that you are served advertisements and content that we believe may be more relevant or useful to you.
- to??audit,??research,??and??analyse??usage??in??order??to??maintain??and??improve??our??services, and??to??develop??new??services;
We will not create categories designed to target children under the age of 13 years (however, this does not prevent us from marketing children’s products to an adult audience).Third party advertisers purchase advertising products from us that enable them to target particular types of users of our network, for advertisements served both on our network and also on third party websites.
We?may?change?this?privacy?policy?from?time?to?time.??Any??updated??versions??of??this??privacy??policy??will be??posted??on? this page.??This??privacy??policy??was??last??updated??in??April??2018